Hargreaves & Taylor LLP has been a full-service divorce and family law firm serving the greater San Diego area since 1997. Our team of professionals puts more than 80 years of combined practical experience to work for you. We focus on creating customized strategies designed to help you achieve the results you need and deserve. Our empathetic team also knows that this period in your life can be fraught with stress, uncertainty, and worry which is why we also provide the emotional support you need as you journey through your legal process.
Our team is led by two State Bar of California Certified Family Law Specialists, bringing you the highest level of professional status available in the state. Because of this and our extensive experience, we have the knowledge, skills, and resources to handle any case, from a simple and amicable uncontested divorce to the most complex involving disputed child custody, high net worth, or decades of accrued assets and complicated investments. Our team is here to help you navigate the process with thoughtfulness and care towards an optimum outcome.
Discuss the specifics of your legal issue with a family law attorney in San Diego. Contact us online or at (619) 374-4442 to start your journey.
Our Family Law Services
We provide representation for contested and uncontested divorces and their related issues as follows:
- Divorce mediation. Negotiation of your divorce through mediation allows you to avoid the stress, time, and expense of the adversarial process of a divorce trial.
- Collaborative divorce. This process avoids courtroom trials through a process of cooperation between both sides and their attorneys to forge a mutually-beneficial settlement.
- Litigation. Where a trial is needed, our team puts an abundance of courtroom experience on your side backed up by the use of outside experts to fully support your case.
- Division of assets. We work to protect your rights in the division of community property that can include the family home, other real estate, bank accounts, vehicles, investments, retirement accounts, pensions, and any other significant assets.
- Child custody. This is often one of the most contested and emotionally-challenging issues in a divorce. We focus on protecting your parental rights while serving your child’s best interests.
- Alimony. Also known as spousal support, we can assert your rights in seeking or contesting these financial payments intended to support a financially-disadvantaged spouse.
We also provide other family law services from paternity cases to prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, enforcement and modification of custody and support orders, and cohabitation agreements. If you have a family matter for which you need answers and guidance, contact our team to discuss your needs.